How can I possibly be expected to do homework when the sun is making an appearance today?? It’s not my fault. I blame Mother Nature.
Bullet Points and Easter
- I am retiring “Did You Know Thursdays” for awhile. I’ll have some nursing stuff to share soon, but right now I’ve got senioritis.
- Today in lab I learned how to take someone’s blood pressure. Much easier than I thought, even though we had old lab equipment.
- People think of me as a runner, yet I feel so out of shape. I need to be out running EVERYDAY and I’m not doing it. My friend M has amazing “drive” and is out there all the time. I can’t get out of park. Sigh…
- Lent is almost over and I pretty much followed my “only check facebook once a day” amended sacrifice. I’m going to try to keep that going.
- The sugar detox is over. I’m all out of sorts and feel like a failure. Sorry Wu Tang, but chocolate rules everything around me….
- I need to get back on the wagon, so if someone wants to detox with me, I’m in! Anyone???
- We have no Easter plans this year. None. I don’t even have baskets made up. Why can’t the Easter Bunny be real!!!
- Today I teased my A&P teacher when she said “the baby is in the belly.” No it’s not! That’s gross. (I’m such a nerd.)
- Speaking of being a nerd…I find that I’m giving my children scientific explanations for what’s going on in their bodies when they feel sick or get hurt and I absolutely love it. I am so comfortable with absolute facts.
- Do you think there are bands/singers everyone should love? Like The Beatles, Billy Joel, The Rolling Stones, U2…. Someone on the radio today said he didn’t like The Beatles. Wait..what?
- On the way to class today, I blasted DMX “Party Up” and rapped like a mom.
It’s close to 5:30. I’m at the table with my ipad and a pc trying to log in to my new university’s email system. Microsoft isn’t playing nice with apple…go figure. The oldest is in the kitchen “making my own dinner like I always do” and the middle is screaming at the little one over the Nook. And I, I just plain don’t give a fuck.
I LOVE my girls, but right now I wish it wasn’t vacation. I’m sure it’s because the house is a mess AGAIN, the girls are fighting AGAIN, I have homework to do, laundry to do, a financial aid worksheet to finish filling out, a math portal to sign up for, and those damn scholarships are just not finding themselves. (I did say I needed an assistant. Any takers?) Oh and flower girl dresses. I have to buy 4 of them.
Today I’ve repeatedly talked to my oldest about using the word idiot and saying shut up and that with her brain power surely she could come up with something more descriptive. Right now she owes $2.00 to the naughty word jar. She may have to do extra chores to pay off her accruing debt. I just yelled at the lot of them with my extra scary mom’s-lost-her-mind voice, so hopefully there will be a change in behavior.
I’d like to think it’s the rainy day or the lunar moon that has made us all act poorly. Did I mention I ate a bag of peanut butter cups today? Yep, fell right off that wagon. Maybe that’s stressing me out too. When it rains, it pours….