How can I possibly be expected to do homework when the sun is making an appearance today?? It’s not my fault. I blame Mother Nature.
Bullet Points and Easter
- I am retiring “Did You Know Thursdays” for awhile. I’ll have some nursing stuff to share soon, but right now I’ve got senioritis.
- Today in lab I learned how to take someone’s blood pressure. Much easier than I thought, even though we had old lab equipment.
- People think of me as a runner, yet I feel so out of shape. I need to be out running EVERYDAY and I’m not doing it. My friend M has amazing “drive” and is out there all the time. I can’t get out of park. Sigh…
- Lent is almost over and I pretty much followed my “only check facebook once a day” amended sacrifice. I’m going to try to keep that going.
- The sugar detox is over. I’m all out of sorts and feel like a failure. Sorry Wu Tang, but chocolate rules everything around me….
- I need to get back on the wagon, so if someone wants to detox with me, I’m in! Anyone???
- We have no Easter plans this year. None. I don’t even have baskets made up. Why can’t the Easter Bunny be real!!!
- Today I teased my A&P teacher when she said “the baby is in the belly.” No it’s not! That’s gross. (I’m such a nerd.)
- Speaking of being a nerd…I find that I’m giving my children scientific explanations for what’s going on in their bodies when they feel sick or get hurt and I absolutely love it. I am so comfortable with absolute facts.
- Do you think there are bands/singers everyone should love? Like The Beatles, Billy Joel, The Rolling Stones, U2…. Someone on the radio today said he didn’t like The Beatles. Wait..what?
- On the way to class today, I blasted DMX “Party Up” and rapped like a mom.
It’s close to 5:30. I’m at the table with my ipad and a pc trying to log in to my new university’s email system. Microsoft isn’t playing nice with apple…go figure. The oldest is in the kitchen “making my own dinner like I always do” and the middle is screaming at the little one over the Nook. And I, I just plain don’t give a fuck.
I LOVE my girls, but right now I wish it wasn’t vacation. I’m sure it’s because the house is a mess AGAIN, the girls are fighting AGAIN, I have homework to do, laundry to do, a financial aid worksheet to finish filling out, a math portal to sign up for, and those damn scholarships are just not finding themselves. (I did say I needed an assistant. Any takers?) Oh and flower girl dresses. I have to buy 4 of them.
Today I’ve repeatedly talked to my oldest about using the word idiot and saying shut up and that with her brain power surely she could come up with something more descriptive. Right now she owes $2.00 to the naughty word jar. She may have to do extra chores to pay off her accruing debt. I just yelled at the lot of them with my extra scary mom’s-lost-her-mind voice, so hopefully there will be a change in behavior.
I’d like to think it’s the rainy day or the lunar moon that has made us all act poorly. Did I mention I ate a bag of peanut butter cups today? Yep, fell right off that wagon. Maybe that’s stressing me out too. When it rains, it pours….
Nothing breaks your heart
It’s just the way you are
Lyrics by Matthew Donald Berninger, Aaron Brooking Dessner, Matthew D. Berninger
Copyright: Val Jester Music, Abd 13 Music
Happy Friday y’all.
My last day to drive to campus until Monday.
Still have homework.
Still have to parent the children.
Still have housework.
Still have to get up early.
Still have to cook.
Why am I so excited then??
Sweat pants. That’s why.
"I’m Completely Losing My Shit!"
That was the text I received from one of my nursing friends this morning. All I could say was welcome! I lost my shit years ago and have no idea where it even resides at this point. We have an anatomy exam this afternoon and I can only speak for myself when I say I’m not prepared. I know it, but I don’t know it. And with our teacher, it’s really the luck of the draw. You never know what she’s going to put on there. My friend also has a stats exam right after. I feel for her.
I guess I’m glad I already lost it because otherwise my 4 year old crying about missing her sisters and telling me she wants them instead of me would crush me. Or my 8 year old telling me a neighborhood friend from their dad’s house has said mean things about my 10 yr old might make me go over and give her a few choice words of my own. Or my children collectively deciding to ignore me and fool around at dinner might make me scream at the top of my lungs that after dinner, they are to go to their room and stay there. Indefinitely. Oh wait, I did do that…
So welcome, J! Welcome to the Moms-Who-Have-Lost-Their-Shit Club. You are in great company!